Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Why One Needs A Theology Degree To Parent, Or Hurry Home, Matt


"You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. "
Deut. 6:7

Kate and Titus helped me in the yard today.
Me: Kate, do you know why we have weeds? It's because of the fall. God cursed Adam's labor because he rebelled against God. So weeds are part of the curse that came on creation.
Kate: Oh. So did God want to make better people?
Me: Wha?
Kate: Did God want to make better people?
Me: But we aren't better people than Adam. We are all children of Adam and have sin in our hearts.
Kate: I don't! I prayed and asked God to change my heart!

At this point I would have sent her in to see her daddy, but he's on a business trip. As it stands right now, Katie thinks she's sinless.

5 comments:

striving... said...

Ouch, how cute she is. I do not know whether to laugh, or not. where is daddy when you need him.

Andrea said...

I think laughing is an appropriate response...for now.

Heather said...

Katie is so funny and smart. Just very matter of factly isn't she? I would love to just sit and listen to the conversations you have with her.

Andrea said...

She's very entertaining to a point, and then it gets a little frustrating. That's when Matt comes in handy.

bigsis said...

children are very literal at the younger age. I've heard saving being called "cleansing of our sins" If we "clean" something it gets rid of the dirt, right? So very literal in her thinking. Not a bad thing, it will be a great quality as she gets older, but for now it takes a lot of explaining. LOL.