Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Birth Announcement


Henry is finally here! He's perfect, not a bruise or dent on him, just a little dry skin from being overcooked. He was born at 10 a.m. Monday morning, so we avoided all the unpleasantness looming over our heads if he didn't come soon. He weighed 8lb, 12oz at birth and measured 22" long.

Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa Powell, for allowing us to so disrupt your home like that. We are so grateful you were willing to accommodate us. Your help through all of this was indispensable, and we appreciate the sacrifices you were willing to make for your grandson.

There is one person I need to thank, someone who made it possible for us to have the home birth we planned: Thank you, Mr. Tow Truck Driver.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so plump and round! Not even a trace of "conehead" (that's amazing!), just sweet baby beauty. Congratulations.

striving... said...

yeah, tow truck driver kinda saved the day, didn't he?

Unknown said...

Disruption? What disruption?

Unknown said...

It was our joy and privilege to have Henry enter the world in our home! We're proud of you and.....we're really glad your mom was there!!!

Dee said...

He's absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad he's here.

Heather said...

What a cutie! I can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

What a very handsome young man! I'm with Heather---can't wait to meet him. Uncle Dale and I are so glad everything went well. My home birth with Amber was by far my easiest and best birth. Hope to see you all soon. Possibly around Easter, if our plans to make it to Denver work out. Maybe a little side trip to Limon the Sat. before Easter.
We love you all,
Aunt Barbara

Dee said...

As I look on your blog for the UMPTEENTH time to see if there is something new from you, Aidan was standing beside me. He noticed the picture of the baby and said, "Aaah, baby!" He thought Henry looks very cute.

Andrea said...

Sorry about the lack of blogging. I am behind in everything, so I'm afraid the incidentals have to fall by the wayside. I hope to pick the blog up again soon, but I don't yet see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm rarely at the computer at all these days.