Saturday, December 1, 2007

More Violence, Please

Netflix has a great feature called Watch Now making it possible to stream movies directly from their site. I was choosing a cartoon for the kids to watch the other night, and I settled on a Hans Christian Anderson cartoon, The Emperor's New Clothes. Kate and Titus loved his story The Ugly Duckling, so I thought this would go over well, too.

A little while later Katie came out and said, "That wasn't very interesting. There was no violence. I need more violence."
"You need more violence?" I asked, trying to stifle the giggles.
"Yes. I need more violence."

2 comments:

striving... said...

That is funny. IThe ones I have read are not nearly so graffic. I guess I get the PC stuff, hee, hee.

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I am so glad that you take time to notice these kind of memorable things about your children. I suspect that most of humanity is too distracted or engrossed in themselves to savor these precious moments.