Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Need To Try Harder

Katie said the following to me several nights ago, so I don't remember what facilitated it. I enjoyed it, though and thought I'd share it. I chuckle to myself every time I think about it.

"Mother, I'm very hard to please, and you need to try harder."

Dad was within hearing and proceeded to lecture her on why this was not an acceptable thing to say or even think. I suppose this illustrates why the Bible and God-fearing parents are necessary. Our hearts are born wicked, and left to themselves, they only get worse.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how funny! This is one of those comments where you want to laugh your head off at that moment but must try to keep a straight face so that you can use it as a training moment. I'm glad you wrote this one down, she is a crack up.

striving... said...

oy, I thought I had it bad!! Hee, hee. Hey at least she is honest!!

striving... said...

oh yeah, hop over and read, I had a "violence" moment with my girls.