Sunday, September 16, 2007

He's All Boy

Titus is all about being a big boy. He's very insulted if he thinks he's being treated like a baby. Lately he wants to get in and out of the car by himself.

Today, in the church parking lot, Titus was standing on the threshold of the van. He wouldn't allow me to help him down, but he wasn't sure about how to get down. I was becoming impatient and about to violate his dignity by removing him from the van when a family with three girls drove up. As they walked toward us I greeted the girls. Titus puffed up and all fear left him as he bravely jumped down from the van. Not being satisfied with that show of masculinity, he then jumped and hopped toward the church in a most manly sort of way.

7 comments:

eileen~ said...

Ahhhh, it's started already! Showing off for the girls....:)

Andrea said...

Yeah, while I always believed God made boys different, I'm getting a very graphic picture of how true that is. Motherhood is such an education.

Ashie said...

Haha, funny!! I thought he had just gotten out of his chair when we drove up! :D

Andrea said...

Ash,
I didn't think you and your sisters picked up on his change in behavior. I imagine more guys than Titus act that way around you, too, and you probably don't notice them either.
; )

Ashie said...

Haha! I doubt if that happens. I'm pretty observant when it comes to guys, and I've seen only about a handful change their behavior around me! :P

Unknown said...

"Motherhood is such an education." The trouble with us guys, by the time we get our mothers, they are pretty set in their ways.

I guess Titus is his daddy's boy.

striving... said...

uh-oh, already all about the ladies right? That is great!