Wednesday, April 25, 2007

We Always Knew It, But Now Science Does Too

Foxnews.com had this story yesterday:

"Kids with religious parents are better behaved and adjusted than other children, according to a new study that is the first to look at the effects of religion on young child development."

I can look at my religious training as a child and know it had an effect on my behavior. It certainly challenged me from a young age to be better than my naturally self-centered self. Even if it wasn't the Christian ideals that brought better behavior, we know that one-on-one time with parents is important to a child's sense of security and self-confidence, and religious training required personal time and attention from both my parents. Whether I was well-behaved and well-adjusted as a child will have to be attested to by others, but I am very grateful for the effects of religion on my childhood.

No comments: